For developers planning to incorporate route optimization in applications they’re creating, it’s helpful to know the top tips for choosing a routing API. When developers integrate the right routing API, they provide critical functionality for their application. However, choosing the wrong routing API can result in limited functionality and unforeseen costs. Here are the top six tips for choosing a routing API from the team at
About the RouteSavvy Route Optimization API
The RouteSavvy Route Optimization API is a powerful, affordable API that helps developers incorporate route optimization into software solutions they’re developing.
RouteSavvy API Features
- Affordable, Flat-fee Pricing: The RouteSavvy API costs just $500 per year
- RESTful Code: The RouteSavvy API is based on modern API standards and features a RESTful architecture with JSON data protocol
- High-capacity Stops: The RouteSavvy API supports up to 500 stops per route
- Flexible Options: Developers can choose from three route optimization options with this API including Basic Optimization, Real Road Optimization, and Advanced Predictive Traffic Optimization
- Free Code Samples: Free code samples from the RouteSavvy team help developers speed up the process of incorporating route optimization into their applications. For free code samples, please visit: https://www.routesavvy.com/route-optimization-api-documentation/
- Free Trial Available: Developers may sign up for a free trial to put the RouteSavvy API through its paces before purchasing. To access the free trial: https://www.routesavvy.com/routesavvy-api-free-trial/
RouteSavvy API Benefits
- Easy to Use: The RouteSavvy API is based on RESTfulL/JSON code.
- Streamlines Development Time: Handy code samples help developers get a jumpstart on incorporating route optimization into their applications.
- Launch New Applications Faster: RESTFUL code and code samples help bring new software to market faster.
- Saves Money: Three options within the RouteSavvy API allow developers to buy only the functionality that they need.
Floral Business Software Company Uses the RouteSavvy API to Help Florists Improve Operations
When you’re in the business of delivering perishable goods like flowers, every minute counts – not only to deliver a fresh product but to deliver those goods as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. MAS Direct is an information technology company that specializes in software to help florists of all sizes manage their businesses – from order entry to delivery to back-office accounting and collections.
MAS Direct uses OnTerra Systems’ RouteSavvy route optimization API to integrate route optimization into their software. By incorporating the RouteSavvy API into their floral business operations software, florists using the MAS software can more efficiently route their flower deliveries while saving money on fuel costs and overtime labor.
“MAS Direct provides technology for retail and wholesale flower shops. Efficient routing of flower deliveries is a huge factor for our customer’s businesses, especially in larger cities,” said Chris Golden, a software developer for MAS Direct.
Mr. Golden adds that he chose the RouteSavvy route optimization API after researching its features and cost. “RouteSavvy offered the route optimization features we needed, and at a significantly lower price than other similar products,” he said. The RouteSavvy Route Optimization API starts at just $500 per year. Other route optimization APIs cost between $3,000 and $5,000,” according to Mr. Golden.
“Thanks to the RouteSavvy Route Optimization API, we’ve seen our florist customers achieve 10-20% increases in efficiency.” – Chris Golden, Software Developer, MAS Direct
MAS Direct used the RouteSavvy Route Optimization API to quickly and easily incorporate route optimization into their software. “The RouteSavvy Route Optimization API allows our customers to make more deliveries per day, and saves both time and fuel. By using RouteSavvy route optimization, we’ve seen 10-20% increases in efficiency for our florist customers,” said Mr. Golden.
Once the MAS Software has organized the day’s flower deliveries, the addresses are sent to the RouteSavvy route optimization application within their software. RouteSavvy creates the most efficient route, which is then stored, printed out, and ported to the floral delivery driver’s iPad or iPhone.
RouteSavvy’s positive effect on their florist customers has been huge, according to Chris Golden. “Being able to optimize delivery routes means you’re on the road less. This saves on fuel costs, makes customers happy, and allows florist employees to spend more time in the shop, rather than on the road.”
RouteSavvy Route Optimization API Helps Reduce Florist’s Overtime Labor Costs
Another area where the RouteSavvy Route Optimization API helps MAS Direct’s customers save money is in overtime labor. If drivers have to work longer than eight hours to finish their flower deliveries, they’re paid overtime. When RouteSavvy route optimization is used, it can help drivers finish their deliveries within an eight-hour window, saving florist shops overtime labor costs.
Chris Golden says the RouteSavvy Route Optimization API from OnTerra Systems is helping their customers save time, save on fuel costs, and increase productivity. For any business or industry where margins are tight, the RouteSavvy Route Optimization API can make a significant contribution to improving the bottom line.
OnTerra Systems USA Quick Facts
- Year Founded: 2005
- Mission: Provide businesses and non-profits with access to traditionally expensive web mapping and route optimization technology at affordable prices.
- Products Offered:
- RouteSavvy – Route optimization software for end users with small to mid-sized fleets up to 100 vehicles
- RouteSavvy API – A powerful, affordable route optimization API with a starting price point of $500 per year
- MapSavvy – A web mapping service providing the most affordable source of aerial imagery for business, non-profits and government with a starting price point of just $500 per year
- Bing Maps Licensing – As a long-time Bing Maps reseller, OnTerra Systems provides access to Bing Maps Licensing with a starting price point of just $500 per year.
For more information, visit the OnTerra Systems USA Corporate Website: www.onterrasystems.com
Go to Source
Author: <a href="https://www.programmableweb.com/user/%5Buid%5D">smilroy</a>